Because Gravity Falls "was founded by a mayor [Quentin Trembley] who was legally insane," it has many laws which are just as insane. After suffering a concussion and falling into a ditch, discovering Gravity Falls, Trembley wrote the town charter. Despite over 150 years having gone by since Gravity Falls was initially founded, and at least three other mayors having been in office, many of the odd laws remain unchanged.
Gravity Falls' unconventional laws include:
- As of 1922, beavers have the right to vote.
- Gravity Falls is the first and only city to officially outlaw "Moon People."
- The right to marry a woodpecker.
- Anyone in possession of the physical, legal document to a property gains ownership of that property (Finders Keepers Law).
- Instead of juvy, children are sent to adult prison.
- Town residents and visitors are forbidden from speaking of Weirdmageddon, and face tasering by law enforcement should they do so (The Never Mind All That Act).
- "Irrational Treasure" - right to marry a woodpecker
- "Dreamscaperers" - Finders Keepers Law
- "Gideon Rises" - Finders Keepers Law
- "TV Shorts 1" - children can be sent to adult prison
- "Scary-oke" - children can be sent to adult prison
- "Society of the Blind Eye" - right to marry a woodpecker
- "The Stanchurian Candidate" - children can be sent to adult prison; right for beavers to vote
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found