- Mabel's sweaters are inspired by one sweater Alex Hirsch's sister, Ariel, wore as a child of a troll doll.
- Mabel's prism sweater is a reference to the cover of Pink Floyd's 1973 album The Dark Side of the Moon.
- Mabel's Summerween striped sweater is inspired by horror film icon, Freddy Krueger.
- In 2013 Emmy Cicierega was asked to pitch ideas for designs of Mabel's sweaters; many of her sketches ended up appearing in episodes.
- Kristen Schaal's favorite Mabel sweaters are the shooting star and the weenie dog one.
- Her top 10 favorite sweaters are:
- Watermelon pattern
- Puppy playing basketball
- Wavy stripes
- Meow Wow! glitter sweater
- Shooting Star
- Llama hair
- Rainbow colored "MABEL"
- Music note against rainbow stripe
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found